TechSmith | East Lansing, Michgian
UX Team Manager, Snagit | 2021 – Present
After a shift in corporate strategy, I worked with marketing and product leadership to reorganize the design team to cover the full customer journey, including marketing, product and service design.
- Manage six designers and researchers across marketing, Snagit, and cloud services
- Organized the UX department into pods covering our two core customer journeys
- Created weekly product touch points that span marketing, customer education, and product
- Work closely with cross-departmental teams to define shift from perpetual products to a fully SaaS portfolio
UX Team Manager, Cloud Products | 2017 – 2021
- Responsible for performance reviews, coaching, mentoring, hiring, merit increases, and onboarding
- My team of five designers and researchers was responsible for the following:
- Knowia Enterprise, a higher education video management solution
- Creation of Knowmia Pro, a new tier of Knowmia Enterprise available to individuals
- Screencast, a legacy personal video hosting solution that predates YouTube
- Creation of Video Review, a 0->1 solution for collaborating on video productions
- Creation of Assets for Camtasia and Assets for Snagit, white-labeled stock content service upsells for Camtasia and Snagit users.
- Working closely with product managers and developers, the team created a React design system based on Atomic Design concepts
- Worked with Ukranian contractor Eleks to provide input and direction on development of a new sales and customer-facing account system met design standards
UX Designer & Product Owner | 2013 – 2017
- Lead designer on e-commerce modernization project, working with sales, marketing and operation engineers to build a new online store experince.
- Redesigned the trial process in Snagit and Camtasia to require sign in and improve the product activation process
- Lead designer and product owner of TechSmith Login and Account systems, building up the service and integrating with more than 20 products
- Worked with marketing and operations teams to create new CMS components, making TechSmith.com mobile friendly/responsive.
State of Michigan | Lansing, Michigan
Interaction Designer | 2009 – 2013
- Advocated for users and design as a member of the firust UX Team at the State of Michigan
- Created a service catalog for team offerings to other agencies
- Researched and designed solutions for the Office of Retirement Systems retirement application process
- Worked with cross-agency group to design and rollout SharePoint across all agencies
MSU | National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory | East Lansing, Michigan
Freelance | January 2008 – March 2008
Worked with NSCL staff to design and build an interactive, educational model of the cyclotron facility, including beam lines and experimental detectors.
Lansing State Journal/Gannett | Lansing, Michigan
Graphic Artist | 2006 – 2010
Responsible for planning, design and layout of daily news and features sections, infographics, and online interactive features. Maintained design component libraries and info graphic styles.
The News Leader/Gannett | Staunton, Virginia
Design Editor | 2004 – 2006
Responsible for quality of design and production of daily newspaper, including staff training. Planned and designed weekly feature publications. Undertook redesigns of multiple publications, as well as assited in upgrading publishing systems and design libraries.